Institutional mechanism of Disaster Management:
The Disaster Management Act, 2005 (DM Act, 2005) lays down institutional and coordination mechanisms for effective Disaster Management (DM) at the national, state, and district levels. As mandated by this Act, the Government of India (GoI) created a multi-tiered institutional system consisting of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), headed by the Prime Minister, the State Disaster Management Authorities (SDMAs) by the Chief Ministers and the District Disaster Management Authorities (DDMAs) by the District Collectors and co-chaired by elected representatives of the local authorities of the respective districts. These bodies have been set up to facilitate the paradigm shift from the hitherto relief-centric approach to a more proactive, holistic and integrated approach of strengthening disaster preparedness, mitigation and emergency response. (Source: NDMA guidelines).
About District Disaster Management Authorities (DDMAs)
The District Disaster Management Authorities (DDMAs) is involved in Building a safer and disaster resilient society by developing a holistic, proactive, multi-disaster and technology driven strategy for disaster management. This will be achieved through a culture of prevention, mitigation and preparedness to reduce the impact of disasters on people and continuity of services essential for life and dignity of citizens during disaster and non-disaster situations. The entire process will centre stage the community and will be provided momentum and sustenance through the collective efforts of all government agencies supported by Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
Aims and Objectives of the DDMAs
The overall aim of District Disaster Management Authorities (DDMAs) is to ensure that all components of Disaster Management are addressed to facilitate planning, preparedness, operational, coordination and community participation. The department is in alignment of the framework overseeing the following sections: operational, administrative, financial, legal aspects and process.
Accordingly, following are the objectives of the DDMAs:
- To identify areas vulnerable to different forms of disasters and develop action plans for different stakeholders for risk reduction.
- The measures to be adopted for prevention and mitigation of disasters, to respond to any threatening disaster situation or disaster.
- The capacity-building and preparedness measures required to be taken by the Departments of the Government at the district level and the local authorities in the district to respond to any threatening disaster situation or disaster.
- To prepare the response plans and procedures, in the event of a disaster, providing for–
- Allocation of responsibilities to the Departments of the Government at the district
- Prompt response to disaster and relief thereof;
- Procurement of essential resources;
- Establishment of communication links; and
- The dissemination of information to the public;
- Ensure that the guidelines for the prevention of disaster, mitigation of its effects preparedness and response measures as laid down by the National authority and the state authority are followed by all departments of the Government at the district level and the local authorities in the district.
|Sl No.||Designation of the Officer||Designation in the Committee||Contact No||Email id|
|1||Deputy Commissioner, Bangalore Rural District||Chairperson||22867221||deo.bangalorer3[at]gmail[dot]com|
|2||Bangalore Rural Zilla Panchayath, Bangalore||Co- Chairperson||22257001||adhyakshabrzp[at]gmail[dot]com|
|3||Superintendent of Police, Bangalore Rural District||Member||
|4||Chief Executive Officer, Bangalore Rural Zilla Panchayath, Bangalore||Member||22260796||ceo_zp_brur[at]nic[dot]in|
|5||Addl. Deputy Commissioner, Bangalore Rural District||Chief Executive Officer of the District Authority||
|6||Joint Director, Agriculture Dept. Bangalore Rural District||Member||26711594||jdablr14[at]gmail[dot]com|
|7||–||District Health Officer, Bangalore Rural District||Member||25270078||dhobanalorerural[at]gmail[dot]com|
|8||Project Director, District Urban Development Committee, Bangalore Rural District||Member||25270078||dudc_blr[at]yahoo[dot]c[dot]in|
As per the Disaster management Act 2005 section 29 State Govt. has established District level Disaster management authority
Helpline number of our department -1077
CONTACT DETAILS OF OUR DEPARTMENT AS IN BELOW FORMAT
|Sl no||Name of the officer||Designation||Office address||Mobile/contact number|
|1||Dr.D.N.Vinutha||District Disaster Professional||Deputy Commissioners Office,
Bangalore Rural District,
District Office Complex,